Monday 23 January 2017

Movie A Day: Week Two

Saturday 14/01/17
  • Good Will Hunting - I'm a big admirer of Robin Williams, this is the main reason I started watching Good Will Hunting. That and the fact that I heard it was well worth a watch. And that is was. The script is clever and witty and the acting is superb. Well done Matt Damon and Ben Aflleck although I am a little late in congratulating you on a good movie. 
Sunday 15/01/17
  • Adventureland - I was doing a little perusing through Netflix and I saw adventure land and was curious about it. It's a bit of a slow burner of a film where not much happens. However it's isn't all bad if what you want to watch is something easy and un challenging a bit of light entertainment. 
Monday 16/01/17
  • Beauty and the beast - oops I cheated today! I was feeling a bit ill today and didn't really feel like watching something new I really just fancied putting an old favourite on and getting comfy   I also just really fancied watching beauty and the beast as k haven't watched it in a while and I love me some Disney. 
Tuesday 17/01/17
  • The Emperors New Groove - so if I'm going to do this new movie thing, I'm going to try and get through some of the animated Disney films that I haven't seen yet. I've seen a lot but most of the  90's/00's animations I haven't seen. So I'm starting with the Emperors new groove. 
Wednesday 18/01/17
  • Looper - I happened to turn on my to at the same time that this film started, however it was late at night and I didn't manage to stay awake through it. That doesn't mean it isn't good. So I had to finish it the next day on Netflix. I really enjoyed it, it was a really interesting story that felt truly original which is a change for modern cinema when everything feels likes its either a book adaptation of based off of real events or people. 
Thursday 19/01/17
  • 3,096 Days - a story of a young Austrian girl who gets kidnapped for over 7 years. It was truly a fascinating film and I feel deserved more than the 3 starts on Netflix. The acting I felt was realistic and very truthful. I will warn you however it is rather dark and upsetting in parts, which you can understand. 
Friday 20/01/17

  • Hurricane Bianca - another one I found on Netflix. I clicked as I recognised the drag queen who stars in it. If you are a fan of drag performances or Ru Pauls Drag Race you will really enjoy it because it's really not a good film. The acting is terrible and so is the writing. The story and the idea however is sweet. 

(Sorry I posted it a few days late been a bit slacking - what a surprise)

No comments:

Post a Comment