Friday 1 May 2015

Trains

I am currently writing this while on a train (I wonder how I thought of this topic!) over this past term at university I was on a train back to Norwich every weekend. Not because I was homesick although it was lovely to see my family but because I went back to do a placement at my old high school. 



Now back to trains. Before the placement I haven't been on too many trains I had only been home twice on the train before and I went to London for a week but I was with a friend who knew London and their trains very well so I relied on her. I always get very anxious and nervous when getting trains I have to be at the station at least half am hour before the train leaves otherwise I'm scared something will happen and I will miss it. 

When I go back home I have to get two sometimes three trains and in January the thought of this was terrifying and I would spend the three hours on the train anxious that I was on the right train or that I was going to be late for my connection. But not once has this happened to me. 

So now as I sit on this train spread over two seats with only about 40 minutes left till I'm back in lincoln I feel really released and at ease. 

Instead of the feeling of dread I used to get a couple of months ago I now look forward to the three hours where I can just chill, listen to music and not feel guilty about not doing university work as there is no way I can be doing any of it as I have not for my laptop. 

Unfortunately this may be my last train ride for a while so I will have to knuckle down and do some work. 

P.s I will stop going on about university soon I only have 10 days left until summer :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment