Sunday 10 May 2015

All Nighters

This one is for the all the university students now that it is deadline season!

Tomorrow is deadline day for two of my assignments the other is on Friday. I have already submitted one but I have been putting off this essay for about a month now, I have about 24 hours to write a thousand words that make sense, so I have taken to do an all nighter till it is complete then i can sleep and proof read tomorrow and finish off the assignment due on Friday.

So i though i would blog my experience of an all nighter (although it isn't my first)

The time is 23:23 (24 hours and 7 minutes till deadline)




I am pumped full of energy drink (relentless - my fav) and listening to a playlist of music (currently playing the way you look tonight - mouse rat from Parks and Recreation) I have done 754/2000 words and am feeling quite good about getting this done by a reasonable hour - this could all change quite quickly.

The time is now 00:35 (22 hours and 55 minutes till deadline) 


I have opened a box of chocolates to snack on!



Word Count - 1043/2000
At my university and I am sure many others you are allowed 10% either side of your word limit so really I have about 1043/1800 words which is a much nicer number to look at. As that means I only have 757 words left instead of 957 words :L I am still listening to music and it still from Mouse Rat on Parks and Recreation (if you have never seen Parks and Rec you really should it is bloody brilliant. I am also not feeling too tired, thank you energy drink!!!

The time is now 2:30 (21 hours until deadline)



I am losing the will to live



Word Count: 1233/2000
                      1233/1800
It has got to the stage in an all nigher when I start to flag in the last two hours I have written 200 words :(. I got distracted by taking the life in Britain tests to see if I would be able to pass, safe to say I passed with flying colours (good thing to as I was born here!). I have also stopped listening to music as my headphones were starting to hurt! Maybe that's why I haven't been as productive. However I am still not that tired :).

The time is now 4:30 (19 hours until deadline)

It is done!



Word Count: 1819/2000
So I would ideally like to be higher into the world count but my aim for tonight was to hit 1800 and then go to sleep so I can rest up and then tomorrow it is then time to proof read and finally submit! Then its time to start my final assignment for Friday. In terms of tiredness I can truly say I feel ready for bed, thank you energy drink for keeping me awake. Coffee it is your turn in the morning :)


So if you have been reading for this long then thank you and I hope it made sense as I don't feel like proof reading this as well. 

Have you ever pulled an all nighter?

 Edit: The time is now 2pm and I have submitted the essay YAYAY!!



The final word count was 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment