Sunday 25 September 2016

Creativity

I started writing this a good month ago and have only just got round to finishing it. This is what I mean when I say I put things off and have zero motivation. I want to blog but I never end up writing anything.

I would like to think of myself as a creative person. I studied a degree in a pretty creative area. However however I have been feeling incredibly uncreative (is that even a word). I don't really know what the cause for this is maybe it's a motivation thing or maybe it's just that I don't believe in myself that much.

However for a while now I have wanted to get my brain in gear, like I have said before. Whether that is just to write a few more blog posts or start to draw a little bit. I even have had ideas for little stories (whether they will ever transform into anything readable I don't know).

I have a problem though because this creativity always hits me in the middle of the night when I am cuddling up in bed about to drop off to sleep. That's exactly what happened with this blog post. And before I would just go to sleep and tell myself I will act on it in the morning, then morning comes and guess what I have completely forgotten what the hell my idea was. So today I have forced myself to at least write a draft of this post before I sleep. I can then sort the mess that this post is in the morning.

Here's hoping that the creativity keeps on coming more and more.

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment