Sunday 20 December 2015

December Birchbox

I've never bought these mystery beauty boxes before and my friend showed me that the December Birchbox was actually a Birchbag, and a very pretty bag at that. So I couldn't resist it. I've always been curious about them so I thought why not and especially as there was a student code that allowed me to get my first box for £7 instead of the usual £13.

There's a great selection of make up and beauty and by some great brands as well.

I thought I would give a little run down on what is in the bag, and any opinions I have, in case anyone is interested in what was inside.


Just to let you know that the bag did not come with a gold strap, that would have been an extra £4 not including shipping. Fortunately I had a bag lying around I don't use much so used the strap on that.

Also I don't know if you can tell, but that bag is actually a bottle green colour which was very deceptive when looking at pictures online and was a bit of a shock when it came through the post.




First up is a couple of small testers from benefit. Their They're Real Liner and Puff Off which is an eye cream.

 I like a lot of people am very disappointed with the liner, I did a little swipe on my hand and it was lovely but then on my eye the product dragged and had a terrible patchy colour. It's such a shame as the swipe I did on my hand was very long lasting and was impossible to get off.

As for the eye cream I have only tried it once but it was very nice and cooling whether it worked I don't know, as I am fortunate enough to not have any under eye puffiness.



This is Rituals White Lotus and Yi Yi Ren foaming shower gel, I have yet to use this in the shower. However I am looking forward to it as it does smell lovely. I doubt however I will repurchase as it is £8.50 a bottle, and my normal shower gel is only £1.


This is the Elizabeth Arden Hot cloth Cleanse and Polish. I think this is definitely my favourite product of the lot. It's a flashback to a bout 2/3 years a go when this was the cult product of beauty bloggers and vloggers. I still think it is one of the best cleansers and am very happy to have another one.





This is Model Co's Limited Edition Party Proof Lipstick in Smitten. It is the only full size product in the bag, and retails at £17 which is a great item to get in the bag/box. Lucky for my I got the one shade out of the three that I loved the most. It's such a festive colour as well I can't wait to wear it more.


The last item in the box if this mini Ciate nail polish in the colour Pom Pom (it's the colour on my nails). For me this colour is a little too orangey for my liking but it is a lovely quality and a nice colour to have in my collection anyway.

I hope you have enjoyed my little run down of the December Birchbox, I always like seeing what people get in these boxes.



No comments:

Post a Comment